Erin’s Work With Adolescents
I have spent time with teens as a mentor, youth group leader, and counselor and love this population. It is hard to be a teenager in our world today. I am thankful for the opportunity to support, encourage, listen, and guide your teen. I will also try to empower you as a parent, from a family systems perspective, as well. Due to my age, I have found it can be easier for teenagers to connect with me and build trust.
When appropriate for the adolescent client, I like to incorporate art therapy and Narrative therapy. I try to learn about the adolescent’s interests in order to relate to them better and build trust in our relationship.
I have worked with Adolescents struggling with:
- Life transitions
- Relationship problems (significant other/family/peers)
- Divorcing parents
- Grief and loss of a loved one
- Process a traumatic event or past abuse (EMDR can be used if desired)
- Decision making and career planning
- Body Image Issues and Self-Esteem Issues
- Anger Management
- Eating Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Teen Pregnancies
- Self-Harm/Suicidal thoughts
- Creating Boundaries
I look forward to meeting you and your teen and starting our work together!